What if I told you, you can begin living a Minimalist lifestyle right away?
And avoid the overwhelm, reduce your stress, and actually be more happier. Do you find your self overwhelmed when thinking of Minimalism?
If so, you shouldn’t worry. Adopting a Minimalist Lifestyle is a great way to reduce the amount of clutter, stress and financial strain that is currently plaguing you and your family.
When you remember what’s important and get back to basics, you rediscover how simple and how enjoyable life can really be.
We only live once so why are we living our lives among things that don’t even make us happy? It’s a hard reality to look at it but one that needs to be addressed.
Constantly we are running out buying things in the heat in the moment because we are feeling down. Or some cases we simply buy to show that we can.
No matter the reason, it must stop!
When my husband and I minimized our life we were able to see what really matters.
For us what matters most is time. Time with with our kids, family, and each other. We absolutely love going to the movies, camping, random dinner dates, and more.
Just being together and enjoying each others company is irreplaceable by things.
Yes we still need money to go to the movies and camping and such but that is just it. By minimizing the “thing” we buy and living a Minimalist Lifestyle we are able to afford daily and weekly outings.
We are even planning a big vacation because we now have the extra money to do so.
I have put together a checklist that will help you live a more Minimalist Lifestyle and become a Minimalist in 30 days or less…
Reduce Clutter to Begin Living a Minimalist Lifestyle
A good place to start is with your immediate surroundings. Reduce clutter in your home by tackling one room at a time.
Doing his will make your task appear much less daunting. Avoid moving on to the next room until you’ve completed the last one.
Below are some tips:
- Cut down on 60% of the ornaments you have on display in order to make your home look more spacious and in order to make tidying much easier.
- Remove boxes that are under beds and on top of wardrobes.
- Throw boxes away if you haven’t been in them in the last 3 months.
- Choose minimal furniture and other items. Form is function.
Simplify the Process with a Simple Minimalist Lifestyle
By introducing a few simple systems into your life can save you time and help you to streamline your life.
At the same time, you also need to think about how you can simplify the process like your journey to work and the way you work in the office.
- Clear your computer and get it to run smoothly and quickly as well!
- Use trays, folders, and binders to organize paper documents.
- Go paperless where possible!
Make Lists to Begin Living a Minimalist Lifestyle
Another Minimalist Lifestyle Tip is making lists. Lists can help you to simplify and enjoy life more.
Making lists saves us so much time when grocery shopping and running errands. There are many benefits to this Minimalist Lifestyle tip such as saving gas from having to return to the store for a forgotten item or having to run back out for an errand you forgot.
- Write a list of all the things you’re grateful for. Add 3 things every night.
- Write a list of all the things you want to do that are free or that you can do with items you already have. Use this the next time you think you need to spend money on something!
If you make a purchase through this link I will make a small commission. You can read more here.
Maintain the Reduced Clutter
Maintaining the reduced clutter means staying strong and keeping your home tidy. The key is to resist powerful and tempting marketing. You can do this by:
- Taking some time out to think on it before making any purchasing decision.
- Making a ‘one in, one out’ rule. To buy anything new, you must first discard something old.
Reduce Your To Do List
Going more minimal also means reducing the amount of rushing around you’re doing. Although it can be hard to say no to family members and friends you need to say “no” sometimes.
Too often I see super moms wore out and worn down because they refuse to say “no” and are constantly on the go with no time for what matters most.
Reduce your to do lists by:
- Cancelling regular commitments you don’t get a lot of enjoyment out of.
- Learning to say ‘no’ a bit more often.
- Create a calendar including some ‘me time’ and treat that as just as important as any other appointment.
Minimizing to Maximize
Spending a fortune every month is going to increase your stress and make it harder to settle into that Minimalist Lifestyle.
Find some ways that you can minimize your expenses. This will allow you to maximize what matters most, like time with family, vacations, or giving more.
This might mean you will have to:
- Move into a smaller home.
- Reduce unnecessary expenses like Netflix or Spotify.
- Enjoy more free activities.
- Learn to be more self-sufficient – growing your own fruit and vegetables for example and using solar panels to power your home.
- Writing out a budget and knowing just what you need precisely in order to begin living a Minimalist Lifestyle.
Minimalist Lifestyle Mindset Shift
The most important part of cultivating a Minimalist Lifestyle is to change the way you think about success and about items.
This means identifying a single goal for your life and learning what’s really important to you.
For some, it will be spending time with friends and family. For others, it will be making music.
Final Thoughts on Living a Minimalist Lifestyle
Whatever your passion, this is what your life is about. The rest is just a distraction.
So you don’t need that new sound system, those fancy clothes or anything else.
Instead, you need to place fewer demands on yourself, so that you have more time, energy and resources to enjoy the things you really love.
Most importantly of all, it means developing a gratitude attitude.
That means learning to appreciate and respect the things you have, instead of always feeling that need to keep adding more.
Employ these changes and you’ll be well on your way to creating a highly sustainable, Minimalist Lifestyle. And the rewards will speak for themselves!
Related Articles You May Enjoy:
- Step By Step Guide to Minimalism for Parents
- A Checklist for The Beginner Minimalist
- Simple Minimalist Tips
Begin Living a Minimalist Lifestyle
Good Read You May Enjoy: 9 Beginner Minimalism Tips: Start Simplifying Your Life (Easy Steps To A Minimalist Lifestyle)